Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Dear Car Wash

You intimidate me. I admit it. It's been 8 years since I came to you without someone else driving through. We've had a rocky relationship. Remember the time I drove into the you before I was supposed to, and ended up bumping the person ahead of me. Or the time, I didn't make it onto the tracks and got stuck. You embarrassed me.

And it's more than the bad experiences that have kept me away. In general, you are scary. I hate your loud noises, how the car shakes, your black "tentacles" that scrub my car, being covered in your foam which is an unnatural and unnerving variety of Easter colors. You are too overwhelming.

So this afternoon I spent at least 5 minutes staring at you. I saw you staring back at me, giving me the stink eye...taunting me.

Well I faced my fear and WENT FOR IT!!

I conquered you Mr. Car Wash.

You can no longer bully me, so go pick on someone your own size.

Nanana Boo Boo,

Julia

1 comment: