Wednesday, January 26, 2011
I'm one lucky girl.
Sunday, January 23, 2011
Watch this. Now. Do it.
I feel a strong desire to perfect my British accent.
I know, I know, money doesn't buy happiness...but I'm sure it helps.
It's 11:30 at night and I can't sleep because I just feel...frustrated. It seems like any time we start to get a little ahead, something happens that puts us right back where we started. I know I have SO MUCH to be grateful for. So much that so many people dream of having. I have an absolutely adorable son. I have a handsome, caring, quirky, hardworking, sings in the shower husband. I'm healthy. We rent a fantastic home. I just need to vent.
So here it goes. If you continue to read, please don't judge, I just need to get it off my chest.
1. I'm frustrated that my ideas usually get put on a figurative shelf until some later ambiguous date.
2. I'm frustrated that Rhett and Jake often have legitimate needs that use a lot of our resources.
3. I'm frustrated that if I do get something for myself to do, read, study, try or wear it almost always gets returned because something else comes up.
4. I'm frustrated that my personal "allowance" usually ends up going toward Rhett and Jake.
5. I'm frustrated that in a week I'll be taking a week long job, which will be pretty demanding, which I will have Rhett with me the whole time, and all the money I'll be earning will be going toward buying Jake new suits.
6. I'm frustrated that I just found the most amazing dress that made me feel so pretty and sexy and confident that was on an amazing sale and I had to return it.
7. I'm frustrated for the time it takes to cut coupons and shop the sales. (Although it does feel good to save at least 60% every time we grocery shop.)
That's enough for now. I know this must make me sound like the worlds biggest whiner and ingrate. I guess I'm just looking forward to the day when I can go to Joann's or Star Mill Antiques or Home Depot or Nordstroms and not have to count every single penny (literally). I don't need a huge house. I don't need to go to Europe every summer. I don't need to get my nails done every week. I just want to be able to feel like it's OK to buy something for myself.
Thanks for listening. :)
Thursday, January 20, 2011
So I'm watching this and I get up to get a drink and a snack and I leave the laptop next to Jake. I come back and wiggle the mouse to refresh the screen and what's on the desktop? Not Brad with his shirt off, not a girl crying because he kissed another girl, not another pool party with everyone drinking champagne by the bucket. No, not anything slightly romantic.
There was this man staring at me.
Totally freaked me out.
And Jake could not stop laughing.
Jake has also recently discovered you can create pick up lines using diaper brands.
For example: "You're love is like a diaper. You give me Huggies. "
"Luvs ain't got nothing on your love baby."
He finds himself quite witty.
I bet Brad would never say that on a date.
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Saturday, January 15, 2011
So close honey, but not quite the same.
Here's to happily ever after. :)