Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Man, I feel like a woman



A week or so ago I realized I had been carrying a backpack for the past 20 plus years. I remember my first "cool" backpack. It was a denim one, with a metal clasp to hold the main pocket shut. My most recent backpack was from Dakine. Jake calls it my retro-Scottish backpack. It's a better description that what he called my last one. It was green and he called me "Turtle" every time he saw me.

Twenty years is along time to tote a backpack around. I was never a big purse person. I would use a clutch or a small hand bag on Sundays or on dates but during the week I would just carry my wallet and keys in my hands. Classy I know.

Then last week I realized I was a college graduate and it was time to retire the backpack. So I went out and bought my first grown-up purse.

Man, I feel like a woman.

In 4 months I'll trade it in for a diaper bag. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment