Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Dear Little Boy

I am trying each day to grasp the fact that you are my son. That for forever you will be our first child, the brave one who was willing to come first. We wanted you to be a boy. I've felt for along time that my first child would be a very special little boy. When the nurse announced that you were a little guy your dad squeezed my hand and had the biggest smile on his face. He's already beyond excited to teach you to play baseball and any other sport involving a ball. :)

I am slightly obsessed with looking at your profile picture from the ultrasound. It's on our fridge and every time I walk by I stare. You look so cute. Personally, I think you look more like me, but your dad laughs and says that since you are his son, you will look like him. You seem to have a stubborn streak, like both your mom and dad. You refused to show us your face and head during the ultrasound, so we have to go back in a few weeks to make sure your brain is developing correctly. Honestly, I don't mind. I'm really grateful for another chance to see you again.

Maybe it's because I work with autistic kids everyday so I have more concerns, but we're really praying that you'll be healthy. Either way we'll love you. We just want the best for you. I'll try really hard over the next few months to become less of a worrier because I don't want to stress out about raising you. I know you'll be a great kid and we're not expecting you to be perfect.

You're an awesome kiddo. :) We love you already.

Mom and Dad

1 comment:

  1. Ooh! So tender! I'm so happy for you guys!!! You are going to be excellent parents!

    ReplyDelete