Saturday, May 7, 2011

Nothing says I'm a mom more than

  • Loving watching Rhett sleep.
  • Missing him after Jake's given me only a 20 minute break.
  • Emptying my pockets at the end of day and finding them full of half chewed baby snacks and cheerios I picked up off the floor.
  • Maybe being more excited that I'm wearing sexy jeans and heals than the fact that we have a babysitter and are going out to dinner.
  • Thinking that Rhett has the CUTEST little bum in the world.
  • Realizing I've had a fairly long babble conversation with Rhett....with me babbling back at him.
  • Listening to talk radio simply because I like feeling like I'm having an adult conversation.
  • Discussing poop more than I ever have before.
  • Doing anything (and I really mean anything) to get Rhett to giggle and clap for me.
  • Feeling like the absolute coolest person ever when I do get him to laugh. 
  • Looking at pictures of Christ with Rhett and feeling so beyond grateful for His example and love for me, Jake and Rhett.
  • Not caring how slobbery a kiss from Rhett is...but if Jake ever kissed me like that...
  • Not wanting Rhett to grow up to quickly. And at the same time being so ready for preschool.
  • Praying daily that I can raise Rhett to know he is loved beyond measure by us, by Heavenly Father, and by our Savior.
  • Letting Rhett chew on my flip flop because I'm too tired to take it away.
  • Leaving a list a mile long for the babysitter and having Jake push me out the door because I'm leaving too many instructions.
  • Being really excited, despite everything I say contradicting this, to have another little one. 

1 comment:

  1. You are such a good mom! We love Rhett, you and Jake very much. We are SO PROUD of the wonderful person, wife, mom and furniture re-creator that you are. You are doing a fantastic job at everything. You are the BEST!

    ReplyDelete