Friday, November 20, 2009

Still Learning

We've been married almost 11 months...an eternity I know. :) Yesterday I was overly stressed and overly emotional. We came home and my depressed mood was obviously noticeable to Jake. He asked me what was wrong and tried to cheer me up, but despite his loving actions I was still feeling low.

As I sat in our arm chair, cuddled into a ball, I was thinking about marriage. It's not always fun. It's not always full of lovey-dovey feelings and flowers. It's so much more. It's about supporting each other even when you don't know how to help. It's spending a few extra minutes in bed, even though your hair won't look as nice if you do, because your husband like to cuddle. It's being OK with eating egg rolls and popcorn for dinner, because your wife really doesn't want to cook.

I'm so grateful for our marriage. I'm so grateful for a husband who sings in the shower, who puts ear plugs in my ears every night, who holds me when I'm scared, who tries so hard to be good, who tells me he loves me multiple times a day, who is always the optimist, who helps me overcome my challenges and who, in the words of Sister Hinckley, gives me wings to fly.

2 comments:

  1. That's the most beautiful thing we have ever read. Thank you for your example. Love, Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing. you guys are great. and that is one of the most beautiful pictures i've ever seen. it's very provoking

    ReplyDelete