Friday, November 20, 2009

Christelijke Kerk van Laatstgenoemde Dag Heiligen

We have a tradition in my family. We go on missions. My Dad, Japan. My Mom, Brazil. Me, Germany. John, South Africa. And the most recent addition to the list - Jane who will be serving in the Belgium/Brussels/Netherlands mission. YAY!!!
(In 18 months she'll be in this picture:))


She reports February 10, 2010. I couldn't be more proud of her. Her decision to go was a challenge for her. We talked frequently and I was always amazed at her confidence in Heavenly Father. She never doubted that she was supposed to go on a mission, although at times she was overwhelmed with the idea. Jane has a unconquerable spirit. During her struggles, she said to me, "If I didn't go on a mission, I would feel so terrible for all of the people I could have told about the gospel." She will be a great missionary because she cares about others and their happiness.


I will miss her because she is my sister. But she'll come back an even more amazing women.

Alma 17:11 And the Lord said unto them also: Go forth among thy brethren, and establish my word; yet ye shall be patient in long-suffering and afflictions, that ye may show forth good examples unto them in me, and I will make an instrument of thee in my hands unto the salvation of many souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment