Thursday, November 12, 2009

G-Day

I graduate from college in just over a month. On month and then my almost 18 years of formal educational experience comes to a screeching halt. I don't know how to feel about this. Should I feel a delirious cocktail of imagination, confidence and new freedom raging through my veins? Should I feel nervous, anxious, apprehensive? For the past few days I've thought maybe the freedom will be great, no homework, no staying in the library till and unhealthy hour, and then came the Ally McBeal moment; my theme song comes to a screeching halt in the middle. What NOW?

How can I go on from here if I don't know the answer to ANYTHING?

Have I even figured out WHAT I WANT TO DO WITH MY LIFE?

Then I thought to myself: "Give yourself a break; turn your theme song back on."

And then the thought came to me, "Newsflash: There is no such thing as graduation, only a series of small graduations, continually."

Hopefully, there will never be a time when I wake up and say: Now, I'm finished. Now, I'm ME.

I've realized we are always graduating from something, and moving on to something else.

So carpe diem to the future.

:)

1 comment:

  1. wow! that's like exactly how I felt when I was graduating! haha isn't it so weird!

    ReplyDelete