Sunday, August 22, 2010

Optimism

Op·ti·mism 1. A tendency to expect the best possible outcome or dwell on the most hopeful aspects of a situation

Jake and I were talking the other night about the past few weeks. Despite everything that has happened, from our washer and dryer breaking, our dishwasher broke too, a flat tire, Jake's grandfather was hospitalized, my mom got the stomach flu when she stayed with us, me being hospitalized, our kitchen sink pipes started flooding under the sink when we turned it on, and among other things, we both felt so incredibly blessed. We don't want to look back at this time and view it as a dark time in our lives.

So these are the blessings we are choosing to remember.

Christmas and birthdays came a little early as Jake's dad and my parents helped us get a brand new washer and dryer.

Our landlord gave us the dishwasher out of his house to replace ours.

Our neighbor and wonderful friend Tij came over on is own and fixed our sink.

We only had to pay $20 to get a new tire.

We got a random gift card from some distant family friends that helped pay for a baby swing.

I have had the BEST doctors in the world who have gone above and beyond.

My mom was only sick for a day.

Rhett has taken to a bottle and formula amazingly well.

He is the most peaceful baby and has been only one feeding in the middle of the night.

We have had more help given than we know how to say thank you for. Rhett has had the best babysitters and we have been helped with dinners etc.

Jake's work schedule has been flexible.

We both have felt peace.

We both feel that we have experienced more spiritual growth than any other time in our marriage.

We feel that we love each other more now than any other time in our marriage. :)



2 comments:

  1. AHH you guys are amazing!! Love you and praying for you! Wish I could be there to help out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia!! I was thinking about you all week wondering how you were doing. I wish I would've followed through with the prompting to call you. I am so sorry that recovery has been difficult for you. A woman's body does crazy things after having a baby. (well, during too!) I am sorry that you have had to deal with a combination of things on top of your PDD. That definitely doesn't make anything easier, but it for sure will make you stronger and hopefully continue to bless you in your marriage as you two grow closer together through this trial. Went I had my post partum blues, my husband stepped up to the plate and it made me appreciate him even more. It was hard for me to admit that I needed help at times because I thought it was supposed to be innate in me to be able to care for my child. But just know, that lots of other women have felt what you are feeling, so you are truly not alone. I remember feeling so alone during that time in my life. So I made a goal to talk/visit at least one friend a week that had a baby within the past year so that we could talk, cry, laugh and sympathize with each other about all of the things we were going through or had gone through. I hope I can be that friend for you. Seriously! I just live right down the street and I would love to come visit you any time day or night! All you have to do is text me and say, "i need a friend" and I will be at your door within minutes. Thinking of you, praying for you!

    Love, Jess

    ReplyDelete