Sunday, October 11, 2009

Our 15 Minutes of Fame

When I found out that Obama had won the Nobel Peace prize, I decided to flex my political voice and comment on the situation via my Facebook status bar. I wrote, " Someone needs to pull a Kanye West, and tell Obama someone else desrves the the Nobel Peace Prize". I felt pretty clever, mixing pop culture with political savvy. I wasn't expecting any response. I was just one comment on the subject. But then people started commenting on my status. Comments like "If I could hit the "Like" button a million times for that status, I totally would! By FAR the best status I've seen all day!!" and "Amen sista! Where's Kanye when you need him!"

And then came my real 15 minutes of fame. On someone elses Facebook status I read, "favorite quote regarding Obama Nobel Prize: "Someone needs to pull a Kanye West, and tell Obama someone else desrves the the Nobel Peace Prize""

I was quoted. I felt just like Glen Beck.


Jake's 15 minutes came at the testing center. He got a 96% on his test and next to his ID number it said "GREAT JOB". He got the covented testing center words of praise. The words that everyone longs to see next to their score...my hubby got.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment