Thursday, December 17, 2009

Turkley Lurkey

Thanksgiving was 23 days ago, I know. Some how between finals, job searching and throwing up everyday, I failed to write about our holiday adventures.

So here it goes.

1. We drove 16 hours to Coos Bay, Oregon (Jake's home) to surprise his family. They had no idea that we were coming .
2. We spent the night in Caldwell Idaho with Jake's cousin and wife. In the morning, their little boy, Mason, ran into our room, stopped mid run, stared at me and slowly started to back away. Apparently 18 month olds find me intimidating.
3. We went and visited all of Jake's favorite beaches. It was so windy so the waves were HUGE. We kept getting misted with wave water.
4. One morning we went for a run. Jake was Mr. Athletic that morning and I almost puked even though I was barely jogging. This was my first hint that I might be pregnant.
5. On Thanksgiving morning I took a pregnancy test. It had two lines. Some how we still didn't think we were pregnant till Jake's mom confirmed the test.
6. We told all our family we were pregnant!! Lot's of screaming and excitement. :)
7. There was a battle between watching football and the "Say Yes to the Dress" marathon on TLC. Football won.
8. I didn't eat any turkey or pumpkin pie. It wasn't appealing.
9. We cleaned out Jake's grandma's basement and found tons of his toys. We will never have to buy our boys action figures. Jake has plenty.
10. We drove home and in the end put almost 2,000 miles on our car. It was worth it.

:)

P.S. We somehow did not take any pictures. Sad day.

1 comment:

  1. We're so excited for you. It is fun to listen to your pregnancy woes. They give me a chuckle remembering, and also, I get to laugh because I don't have to do it again. :) Remember you are always welcome in our "guest suite" if you need a place to stay in Boise. Congratulations again on the baby and on graduating!!!!! So exciting. Wishing you tons of blessings with the pregnancy and the job hunt.

    ReplyDelete